Incorrect username or password

 
24-02-2021 21:08
|
Season 77 · Week 8 · Day 51
|
Online: 3 916

Football

Football » English » Suggestions/Improvements

Training Field and new coach application issue

Badge image
Hey dowopado (cause you are the one who gets stuff done around here!)

I think that the 8am availability of coaches needs to be changed. At the moment, when a new coach is hired, they sign on and a notification is sent to say that the coach will be available from 8am the next morning (8am being the time they arrive). With the training field, the players start training at 8am until 8:30. This means that we have half an hour to log on, add the coach, and (maybe) change the training field set up if you are wanting to train players differently.

I think it stupid that we are limited by that. I had a coach contract end yesterday, and I hired a new better coach yesterday, but he arrived today at 8am. I log in at 836 and add the coach, which I did, but when I checked the training report it had already been generated and I had 5 players train without coaches.

I think the coach should arrive at 12am or 12:01am each day (8 hours before training). This means that you don't lose a day on the contract, but it gives you time to log in and add them in properly either the night before (at midnight) or at 7am... I am driving to work at 8am and don't want to get arrested for logging into ManagerZone.
Views: 495 Posts: 12
 
Page 1
 
Reply
Last Message

Re: Training Field and new coach application issue

Badge image
Hmmmm. This one might be a little more complicated than it seems on the surface. Mostly, because I don't know when is the actual start and end of each training day due to all the different time zones around the world. Also, I am not sure if the players get the full effect of a coach, or not, if they are added during any part of that said training day...that is if the coach effect is broken down into minutes on the field.

I'll see if I can get some education on this, and make a suggestion to Crew.

Re: Training Field and new coach application issue

Badge image
dowopado wrote:
Hmmmm. This one might be a little more complicated than it seems on the surface. Mostly, because I don't know when is the actual start and end of each training day due to all the different time zones around the world. Also, I am not sure if the players get the full effect of a coach, or not, if they are added during any part of that said training day...that is if the coach effect is broken down into minutes on the field.

I'll see if I can get some education on this, and make a suggestion to Crew.


Okay... thanks for that. Here are my thoughts:

- generic message to everyone says that the coaches join at 8am the next morning. Not 8am EST, but 8am, and the fact that I get mine at 8am and I assume thats local time for everyone, it must mean that its local time. The fact that coaches can join at different times across the globe (aka 8am local time per region) says that they can change it to be a different local time per region (aka 12 midnight).
- I know from experience that coaches can be added to a training session between 8am and 830am (for instance in players who previously didn't have a coach) and as long as you haven't already checked the training report then the coaches will be added to it.

Re: Training Field and new coach application issue

Badge image
coconut_wolf_bandit wrote:
I think it stupid that we are limited by that. I had a coach contract end yesterday, and I hired a new better coach yesterday, but he arrived today at 8am. I log in at 836 and add the coach, which I did, but when I checked the training report it had already been generated and I had 5 players train without coaches.


I think there might be some confusion in this statement...because if I am not mistaken I believe when you pull up the Training Report at 8:36am your time for a day you are actually looking at the previous day's training...because that day's training has not finished, yet.

Re: Training Field and new coach application issue

Badge image
dowopado wrote:
I think there might be some confusion in this statement...because if I am not mistaken I believe when you pull up the Training Report at 8:36am your time for a day you are actually looking at the previous day's training...because that day's training has not finished, yet.


No definitely not - the previous day (in regards to that statement) was Wednesday, and the report I am referring to had all 36 players reports, as opposed to the only 10 training camp people. Plus, the day before I had coaches for everyone, and then a coach left due to contract finishing, and it was then that I hired another one.

Re: Training Field and new coach application issue

Badge image
I asked a series of questions to Crew regarding training times...and got an informational response from Crew. It appears the training window for a player is from 2400CET to around 0200CET. So what time is it in Australia at 2400CET?

For the USA this means Friday's Training Report reveals training received from about 3pm to 5pm on Thursday. So the coach coming in at midnight or 8am is really immaterial.

Re: Training Field and new coach application issue

Badge image
So if we are talking about midnight Thursday/Friday in Europe, that equates to 8am Friday in Australia (24 CET Thursday = 0800 AEST - Australian Eastern Standard Time).

I'm actually really confused about your post, and that might have something to do with the differing time zones we are talking about. When I say 8am or 12 noon I do not mean Europe time, I mean Australia (or local) time. At the moment, new coaches arrive at 8am in Australia (what time do they arrive for you) and my players start training at 8am (which you have confirmed). What I am saying is that irregardless of location or time, coaches should arrive 1-2 hours before training is designated to be started so that we aren't paying them for a day but we aren't getting their benefit.

Re: Training Field and new coach application issue

Badge image
Hey mate...not trying to be confusing but everything in MZs servers are based on the CET time zone...for them to program everything for each individual time zone would create more problems. So they feel that using the CET time zone is the best way to do it from a "fair play" perspective.

Re: Training Field and new coach application issue

Badge image
dowopado wrote:
Hey mate...not trying to be confusing but everything in MZs servers are based on the CET time zone...for them to program everything for each individual time zone would create more problems.


Well in that case, why don't they adjust the timing of the new coaches arriving... using CET as an example then, the coaches arrive at 2400 CET, exactly when training starts (8am my time). Why don't they move the coaches arriving to 2200 CET, which gives everyone time to insert the coaches into the training field.


dowopado wrote:
So they feel that using the CET time zone is the best way to do it from a "fair play" perspective.


Well I disagree with that. Using CET time gives European users a distinct advantage. I mean if I have to purposefully wake up at 3am for something which is at 12noon for another country, I wouldn't call that being based on fairness.

I understand that players across the world all should train at the same time, that is fair play! But saying that the game is based around CET for fair play is ridiculous, I'm sorry.

My point isn't so much about the time zones though. Its purely about having the coaches arrive a nominal period of time earlier so they their efficiency can be maximised.

Re: Training Field and new coach application issue

Badge image
coconut_wolf_bandit wrote:
My point isn't so much about the time zones though. Its purely about having the coaches arrive a nominal period of time earlier so they their efficiency can be maximised.


And at what CET time would that be to provide no advantage or disadvantage to any of the countries?

Re: Training Field and new coach application issue

Badge image
dowopado wrote:
And at what CET time would that be to provide no advantage or disadvantage to any of the countries?


Have the coaches arrive the moment they are hired. That way managers irregardless of time are guaranteed to be online (seeing as they hired them at that moment) and can input them. Make it so that coaches can only be added between 0200 and 2400 CET (aka, 22 hours of the day) (the hours that you say are not part of the training schedule), and that day (the day starting at 0001 CET (on Monday, for example), counts as day 0 of the contract, with day 1 being 0001 CET Tuesday. Users have 22 hours (until 2400 CET Monday) to put the coach into training field, and the first full day that they are at your club (being 0001 CET Tuesday to 2400 Tuesday) is the first day they train your players and the first day of their contract. This way managers aren't charged a day's training that isn't actually performed by the coach, and the day isn't split up. The first two hours (0001 CET to 0200 CET) are training and cannot be hired/joined/added, and the 22 after that are free game.

Make sense?

Re: Training Field and new coach application issue

Badge image
I will submit your suggestion.

Re: Training Field and new coach application issue

Badge image
Thanks mate.
 
Page 1