Incorrect username or password

 
19-01-2021 18:58
|
Season 77 · Week 3 · Day 15
|
Online: 3 514

Football

Football » English » ManagerZone talk

Top League Predictions And Tips

Badge image
Badge image
[AUS]
President
I’ve decided to make a little game and anyone who wants to play feel free to join in.

It’s a little late notice so everyone will have up until the start of the second round of league matches to submit your tips, trying to pick the eventual winner of the 8 selected leagues. The leagues were picked as they always seem to be very competitive making it harder to pick an eventual winner.

The rules:
1. Everyone needs to submit their eventual league winners before the start of the second round.
2. Once your selections are in there will be no changes.
3. Points will be awarded as follows: Picking the eventual winner of the league 5 points, 2nd 3 points, 3rd 2 points and 4th 1 point.
4. In the event two users have the same number of points in the end the user with their selections in first will be deemed the winner.

The 8 leagues selected:
1. Argentina
2. Australia
3. China
4. Greece
5. Poland
6. Romania
7. Sweden
8. Turkey



My selections:
1. Despidida AFC
2. Rutgers FC
3. ☆战国☆QUXING趣行FC
4. GREEN PANTHERS FC
5. Hlonda Boyz
6. ★RO★ NEW VISION ®
7. Maffian
8. Blue Mountain State

Good luck everyone and it’s just a bit of fun. As many or as little people are welcome to participate.
Edited: 06-10-2020 16:44
Total edits: 1
Views: 285 Posts: 22
 
Page 1
 
Reply
Last Message

Re: Top League Predictions And Tips

Badge image
Badge image
[B&IFF]
President
More interesting if you picked 8 English speaking nations leagues for the English forum 😉

Re: Top League Predictions And Tips

Badge image
Badge image
[AUS]
President
brian_mcsnail wrote:
More interesting if you picked 8 English speaking nations leagues for the English forum 😉


They are all the least competitive though unfortunately

Re: Top League Predictions And Tips

Badge image
Badge image
[B&IFF]
President
chucky06 wrote:
They are all the least competitive though unfortunately


Why did you add Australia then 😂

Re: Top League Predictions And Tips

Badge image
Badge image
[AUS]
President
brian_mcsnail wrote:
Why did you add Australia then 😂


It’s highly competitive, I can’t pick a winner. I don’t mean most quality players I mean competitive where it’s challenging to pick a winner. The England league, USA etc all have a heavy favourite

Re: Top League Predictions And Tips

Badge image
Badge image
[B&IFF]
President
2 teams competed for the title last season in Australia and you had one team who were completely inactive (Greyed out)

Scotland also had 2 teams head to head for the title with the 3rd slipping up!

Our league was in 2 halfs top 6 was extremely competitive against each other.
Bottom 6 was highly competitive vs each other!

You mention England. However, Ireland and Scotland have stronger teams as proven in the British & Irish Super League

Looking at the Australian results I’d say your league is similar to Scotland and Ireland for competitiveness.

Re: Top League Predictions And Tips

Badge image
Badge image
[B&IFF]
President
Actually I might take some back about England!

They had an extremely competitive league last season. League winners list 5 games and drew 1 !!!!

49 points to take title! That’s cut throat stuff.

Re: Top League Predictions And Tips

Badge image
Badge image
[AUS]
President
brian_mcsnail wrote:
Actually I might take some back about England!

They had an extremely competitive league last season. League winners list 5 games and drew 1 !!!!

49 points to take title! That’s cut throat stuff.


I was just trying to create some competitiveness in a very somber forum. I didn’t go through every league and I picked a few big leagues as they have a lot of teams that are at the top and extremely close with quality. I only added the Aussie league as I’m more familiar with teams. Was just trying to create some conversation where people would have had to spend 10 mins going to 8 random leagues and pick a few winners. Apparently with little success 😂

Re: Top League Predictions And Tips

Badge image
Badge image
[B&IFF]
President
I know why you put Australia in.
Just kinda thought our main posters in the English forums are from

Australia, Canada, UK&I, USA, some Eastern European nations and Scandinavian

Tbh I have more interest in these leagues than I ever will in South America, China ect.
Prob cos I can relate to these teams and managers more!

Activity in the forum is much needed! I get that. The days when MZ had a decent active English speaking base of users. Long gone .... sad but it’s true.

Anyways ignoring most the topic I predict North Face of Scotland to win the SPL! Big statement considering Floodish has won 8 or 9 titles in a row!

Re: Top League Predictions And Tips

Badge image
Badge image
[AUS]
President
Yeh I guess that’s it. It depends what your interest is. I’m interested in the best leagues with the biggest teams but others probably don’t care and I can understand that. I guess it also depends on your team ambition too.

Re: Top League Predictions And Tips

Badge image
Good idea! I'm in next season.

We have sort of a competition in Belgium/Netherlands too with prono's every competition-day, hosted by user dirkdebeste.

Re: Top League Predictions And Tips

Badge image
brian_mcsnail wrote:
I know why you put Australia in.
Just kinda thought our main posters in the English forums are from

Australia, Canada, UK&I, USA, some Eastern European nations and Scandinavian

Tbh I have more interest in these leagues than I ever will in South America, China ect.
Prob cos I can relate to these teams and managers more!

Activity in the forum is much needed! I get that. The days when MZ had a decent active English speaking base of users. Long gone .... sad but it’s true.

Anyways ignoring most the topic I predict North Face of Scotland to win the SPL! Big statement considering Floodish has won 8 or 9 titles in a row!


I agree

Re: Top League Predictions And Tips

Badge image
juniorwonder wrote:
Good idea! I'm in next season.

We have sort of a competition in Belgium/Netherlands too with prono's every competition-day, hosted by user dirkdebeste.


It's a good initiative!

Re: Top League Predictions And Tips

Badge image
Badge image
[TDF]
President
chucky06 wrote:
They are all the least competitive though unfortunately


Should have picked the Norwegian league. There you've got yourself a bit of competitiveness. Just take a look at the table :p

Re: Top League Predictions And Tips

Badge image
Badge image
[AUS]
President
manekaster wrote:
Should have picked the Norwegian league. There you've got yourself a bit of competitiveness. Just take a look at the table :p


Next time I’ll have too. I only searched a few quickly. Was trying to make it easy for people to participate but that kinda flopped 😂

Re: Top League Predictions And Tips

Badge image
Badge image
[B&IFF]
President
🤣👍

Re: Top League Predictions And Tips

Badge image
Badge image
[AUS]
President
Well, it’s the end of the season so I thought I’d at least review how I went, not great by the looks of it but it was just a bit of fun. 😂


The 8 leagues selected:
1. Argentina
2. Australia
3. China
4. Greece
5. Poland
6. Romania
7. Sweden
8. Turkey

My selections:
1. Despidida AFC (5th) (0points)
2. Rutgers FC (4th) (1 point)
3. ☆战国☆QUXING趣行FC (4th) (1 point)
4. GREEN PANTHERS FC (Last, inactive 😂)
5. Hlonda Boyz (Last, sold team)
6. ★RO★ NEW VISION ® (4th) (1 point)
7. Maffian (2nd) (3 points)
8. Blue Mountain State (7th) (0 points)

- Finishing with a miserable 6 points and not picking one eventual winner.
- The idea was picking 8 highly competitive leagues where there wasn’t a clear favourite to win the league and I guess I achieved that.


If anyone is interested in doing something similar for the upcoming season let me know. We can add a few leagues (more English speaking as it’s the English forum would be good) and remove some.

Ant: Top League Predictions And Tips

Badge image
You should definitely add the Belgian Top League. More than 7 teams are able to win the league.

I'll participate in your next edition.

Re: Top League Predictions And Tips

Badge image
Badge image
[AUS]
President
mwosle wrote:
You should definitely add the Belgian Top League. More than 7 teams are able to win the league.

I'll participate in your next edition.


I’ll add it into the next edition. I’ll take it to 10 leagues so I’ll work out after promotions and relegations which leagues and everyone will have a few days to make their picks 👌

Re: Top League Predictions And Tips

Badge image
Badge image
[B&IFF]
President
Why not something similar. A game each week from a selection of leagues. Say we pick 6 games a week you have to predict the outcome win lose or draw. 1 point per correct result. Potentially 6 points per game week. This way we can eliminate teams who sell up ect.
1st 15 PT
2nd 10 PT
3rd 5 PT

Re: Top League Predictions And Tips

Badge image
Badge image
[AUS]
President
brian_mcsnail wrote:
Why not something similar. A game each week from a selection of leagues. Say we pick 6 games a week you have to predict the outcome win lose or draw. 1 point per correct result. Potentially 6 points per game week. This way we can eliminate teams who sell up ect.
1st 15 PT
2nd 10 PT
3rd 5 PT


I like the idea, it’s just very hard to manage and for people to have their tips/selections in on time. I for one don’t want to be chasing people up every week for their tips

Re: Top League Predictions And Tips

Badge image
Badge image
[B&IFF]
President
That’s the magic, if they don’t put in there predictions they don’t get the points. They can still predict next week though!

Re: Top League Predictions And Tips

Badge image
Badge image
[TZBR]
President
chucky06 wrote:
It’s highly competitive, I can’t pick a winner. I don’t mean most quality players I mean competitive where it’s challenging to pick a winner. The England league, USA etc all have a heavy favourite


Brazilian Top League is so more competitive and is not on the list...
 
Page 1