Incorrect username or password

 
28-01-2021 02:36
|
Season 77 · Week 4 · Day 24
|
Online: 2 499

Football

Football » English » Suggestions/Improvements

National Cups - Improvement

Badge image
Hello,

Today I want to discuss improvements for the National Cups. I suggest all Senior National Cups should be free. Every active team should automatically be entered. This should be the only cup not working in a group type format. Every game should be knockout, maybe the semi finals could be in 2 games.
It should start from the beginning of the season and the big final would be played on saturday, before the last league game on sunday.
Views: 167 Posts: 19
 
Page 1
 
Reply
Last Message

Re: National Cups - Improvement

Badge image
Badge image
[AUS]
President
It’s been brought up that National Cups should be free, which I do agree with.

I don’t like the idea of knockout though unless it was seeded. Similar to the FA Cup where stronger teams wouldn’t even play till the later rounds

Ri: National Cups - Improvement

Badge image
I totally agree with yenscallens123: +1

Re: National Cups - Improvement

Badge image
Badge image
[MZUSA]
President
I agree that the national cup should be free. I also like the idea that all active teams get an automatic entry. I agree with the seeding concept if it goes to straight knock out with the weaker teams getting more early matches and the big boys not joining in until the later stages.

Either that or a second nationwide cup could be created similar to the FA Cup, with matches being single elimination and the lower division teams getting several rounds of games before the top tiers are added to the mix. This would also provide an opportunity for lower division teams to pick up some game cash from the earlier rounds which isn't available to the top tier teams (kind of balances things a bit on the financial side as well).

Re: National Cups - Improvement

Badge image
Badge image
[B&IFF]
President
Agreed. Cups kinda annoy me as they are groups. Groups of 12 is just a league followed by a cup.

I think each nation should have its own cup. I think a country like Scotland should not be seeded! We don’t have that many active users!

Re: National Cups - Improvement

Badge image
Agree they should be free no doubts. National Cups and Training graph are two things that annoys me they're not free !

About the cup format, some groups are unfair too many good teams in one group when only 2 can leave the group and you have ones where there is no competetivenes.

Should be 4 groups, 2 out and then more play offs on the way. What's the point of having so many teams in one group like the National Celtic Cup and then straight to quater finals.

Re: National Cups - Improvement

Badge image
I also would like to see one thing...

Group A winner must not play with other gorup winner in play-off...
Group winner must play with other group's 2nd place in play-off... and so on..

And 1 more thing - teams from 1 group must not face each other in play-off first round...

This also can be suite for MZ WC abd EC

Ant: National Cups - Improvement

Badge image
moonlight-1992 wrote:
I also would like to see one thing...

Group A winner must not play with other gorup winner in play-off...
Group winner must play with other group's 2nd place in play-off... and so on..

And 1 more thing - teams from 1 group must not face each other in play-off first round...

This also can be suite for MZ WC abd EC


NO GROUPS.
Knock out all the way, starting after game 2 in the competition, ending the day before the last competitionmatch. Games arranged according to Divisions, Topleague teams should only meet the soonest in 8th finals.

Re: National Cups - Improvement

Badge image
If no groups at all is better of course.. Agree. Like in real life...

Re: National Cups - Improvement

Badge image
Badge image
[FLUSA]
President
Doesn't no groups and less games equal less income?

It'll be cool to have seeded playoffs but I'd hate to see random playoffs where all the poor teams might go into a bracket and the stong ones on the other, in any case as far as I know seeded playoffs won't happen, it seems the system to create cups is very rigid and doing any changes might involve a complete rebuid which apparently is the reason while we still have the "golden goal rule" and a major issue that on final rounds of cups the home team gets a lot more income and for reasons unknown, some teams usually get more home games than others creating an unfair economical balance.

Re: National Cups - Improvement

Badge image
Badge image
[FLUSA]
President
I mean... if I could choose, I'd have seeded playoffs with home/away games and for all cups, it would also encourage weaker teams to get better and get as far as possible on cups instead of just depending of having a lucky draw to progress and it will ensure the best teams reach the final stages, that's what I'd really like to have, but it's probably just a pipedream
Edited: 03-06-2020 14:45
Total edits: 1

Re: National Cups - Improvement

Badge image
Now after games: Chile-Brazilia and France-Belgium it is obvious that play off must not be random. Using second squad in group round 3 as Belgium did vs Brazilia and lost 0-5 is really dissapointing now, after Brazilia is out and Belgium is in 1/4. 1st place group must only play with 2nd place of other group in play off.

Re: National Cups - Improvement

Badge image
Badge image
[FLUSA]
President
moonlight-1992 wrote:
Now after games: Chile-Brazilia and France-Belgium it is obvious that play off must not be random. Using second squad in group round 3 as Belgium did vs Brazilia and lost 0-5 is really dissapointing now, after Brazilia is out and Belgium is in 1/4. 1st place group must only play with 2nd place of other group in play off.


Well... to be honest it was down to pure luck, France is probably stronger than Chile IMO but with this SIM luck plays a very important role, France dominated their game, they had 21 shots vs 7 from Belgium but still lost 4-2, Brazil had an even game against Chile with even one more shot on goal and lost 4-0....

Seeded playoffs for all competitions would be great but still, that's not going to fix the SIM

Re: National Cups - Improvement

Badge image
Badge image
[Eesti]
President
darkline wrote:
Well... to be honest it was down to pure luck, France is probably stronger than Chile IMO but with this SIM luck plays a very important role, France dominated their game, they had 21 shots vs 7 from Belgium but still lost 4-2, Brazil had an even game against Chile with even one more shot on goal and lost 4-0....

Seeded playoffs for all competitions would be great but still, that's not going to fix the SIM


Agreed - thats the most idiodic thing in MZ - you need luck to win something.

This season in U23 national cup:
https://www.managerzone.com/?p=match&sub=result&mid=1153375058

I past 10 seasons I have been most of the time knocked out of this competition by opponent beating me thanks to luck and this season was worst case ever. As mostly when I play I want to win all the time and it frustrates me that I get kicked out of competition by this stupid sim.

I dont mind losing - but make it at least look like fair loss - not like 20-2 SOT and you lose 0-1 etc. Makes me wonder why tha hell I should play this game at all.

Ant: National Cups - Improvement

Badge image
moonlight-1992 wrote:
Now after games: Chile-Brazilia and France-Belgium it is obvious that play off must not be random. Using second squad in group round 3 as Belgium did vs Brazilia and lost 0-5 is really dissapointing now, after Brazilia is out and Belgium is in 1/4. 1st place group must only play with 2nd place of other group in play off.


I don't think it works like that. Me for instance; In the national cup belgium U18 I was first in my group. The game put me against the second of my own group in the first knockout round. Basically it's random?

Re: National Cups - Improvement

Badge image
Badge image
[FLUSA]
President
evosa wrote:
I dont mind losing - but make it at least look like fair loss - not like 20-2 SOT and you lose 0-1 etc. Makes me wonder why tha hell I should play this game at all.


I lost the National Cup final like that, but to make it even more upsetting, I got scored on the last minute of overtime.

Having playoffs games home-away would at least give you a 2nd chance to make things right when the SIM screws you up on one game, would also make the game a bit more exciting too IMO... don't think it's going to happen anytime soon though as this is probably one of the most requested improvements, second only to "fixing the SIM" and even though it doesn't seem like something extremely hard to do, we still have the same ol' cup system with "golden goal" and overtime/penalties spoilers when you try to check the pre-game tactics.

Ant: National Cups - Improvement

Badge image
darkline wrote:
I lost the National Cup final like that, but to make it even more upsetting, I got scored on the last minute of overtime.

Having playoffs games home-away would at least give you a 2nd chance to make things right when the SIM screws you up on one game, would also make the game a bit more exciting too IMO... don't think it's going to happen anytime soon though as this is probably one of the most requested improvements, second only to "fixing the SIM" and even though it doesn't seem like something extremely hard to do, we still have the same ol' cup system with "golden goal" and overtime/penalties spoilers when you try to check the pre-game tactics.


They're just letting this game bleed out and cash our money while doing nothing in return. We won't get any big updates.

Ant: National Cups - Improvement

Badge image
darkline wrote:
I lost the National Cup final like that, but to make it even more upsetting, I got scored on the last minute of overtime.

Having playoffs games home-away would at least give you a 2nd chance to make things right when the SIM screws you up on one game, would also make the game a bit more exciting too IMO... don't think it's going to happen anytime soon though as this is probably one of the most requested improvements, second only to "fixing the SIM" and even though it doesn't seem like something extremely hard to do, we still have the same ol' cup system with "golden goal" and overtime/penalties spoilers when you try to check the pre-game tactics.


They're just letting this game bleed out and cash our money while doing nothing in return. We won't get any big updates.

Re: National Cups - Improvement

Badge image
yenscallens123 wrote:
They're just letting this game bleed out and cash our money while doing nothing in return. We won't get any big updates.


and this is why I'm making it my mission to go through this whole Suggestions/Improvements section and give my two pence because I find it worrying.

Some of us have been here since 2003,2004,2005 and honestly don't feel like the improvements have been sufficient OR the admins communication on what they see for future development.

Ant: National Cups - Improvement

Badge image
Up.
 
Page 1