Incorrect username or password

 
28-02-2021 18:58
|
Season 77 · Week 8 · Day 55
|
Online: 4 427

Football

Football » English » ManagerZone talk

Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
Badge image
[FLUSA]
President
Just opened this thread to discuss the Youth Potential tool and share your experiences, also to try to figure it out a bit.

So I have a weird case, I have this player that I'm training as a keeper:



And I got this scout report for him



So my guess is my project of keeper will be a waste and will max out at 8 keeping, but here's what I'm puzzle about, his low skills are shooting/pi at 2 stars but I already know his keeping will be at least 8.... so it seems for this tool, "2 stars = 8 balls"?

I really like that we can check out current youths btw.
Views: 11118 Posts: 692
Previous
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >|
Next
Reply
Last Message

Re: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
I think most people will find this Scout Report a bit confusing at first and some even annoying.
But ,as any new implementation, after we will get the hang of it and get used to it ,it will become useful.
The wide range of HP and LP is probably there to keep the training of the youth interesting.

If until now the number of the youth exchanges didn't really matter( you could survive with only a few per week), from now on it will be one of the most important options to have .

Regarding the Scout report, wouldn't be possibile to also have that info somehow on the player's page? Or maybe add more flags ?

Re: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
Somewhat surprised by this scout report on a player, 8 balls on keeping and not maxed.
But HP only 2 (keeping and speed)
So, not impossible to get 9 balls on a 2-star-HP

Peter Sörman

Age: 25

Ce: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
drx wrote:
Somewhat surprised by this scout report on a player, 8 balls on keeping and not maxed.
But HP only 2 (keeping and speed)
So, not impossible to get 9 balls on a 2-star-HP

Peter Sörman

Age: 25



True. I keep a list of FACTs that we know so far.

**** FACTS ****
4 Star can max at 9
3 Star can be 10-9
2 Star can reach 9
2 Star can be 8-9
2 Star can max at 5-6


Can anyone add more to this list? For example can 2 Star be 9-9? Can 2 Star be 5-5? Can 1 star be 6-6 or reach 6 at all?

Odp: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
All your FACTS are for High Potential.

For HP I have
2 star can be 9+8+8
2 star can be 10 (hockey only)

For LP I have
2 star can be 7
2 star can be 8 (hockey only)

The first missing puzzle I am looking for is how many balls you can have on your second skill for 2 stars HP if the first skill is 9.

Ce: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
kostrzak16 wrote:
All your FACTS are for High Potential.

For HP I have
2 star can be 9+8+8
2 star can be 10 (hockey only)

For LP I have
2 star can be 7
2 star can be 8 (hockey only)

The first missing puzzle I am looking for is how many balls you can have on your second skill for 2 stars HP if the first skill is 9.


Can you please show the players for 2 Star reaching 10 for HP and 2 Star reaching 8 for LP? I'd like to add them to my database.

Re: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
kostrzak16 wrote:
All your FACTS are for High Potential.

For HP I have
2 star can be 9+8+8
2 star can be 10 (hockey only)

For LP I have
2 star can be 7
2 star can be 8 (hockey only)

The first missing puzzle I am looking for is how many balls you can have on your second skill for 2 stars HP if the first skill is 9.


I don't think there is such thing as "hockey only" . For example there is the possibility of 2 star LP with 8 balls at one skill. There is one on the romanian forum :)

Odp: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
Yeah, I meant that I haven't found similar example on football yet. If you say so it confirms 2 star LP with 8 balls.

Ang: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
Badge image
[URBAN]
President
LP 1 Star can max at 4.

Mortimer Undall

Age: 25




I think MZ should give all managers the same number of swaps as one gives to everyone at the start of the season on the playerexchange. As a little compensation.

Jamus.

Ce: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
Finally, proof that 1 Star can reach 6.
Oktay Cansun

Age: 23


Shows Power as 1 Star Lowest Potential yet it is open to 6.

**** FACTS ****
4 Star can max at 9
3 Star can be 10-9
2 Star can reach 9
2 Star can be 8-9
2 Star can max at 5-6
1 Star can be 6

Re: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
Actually we have proof that 1 star can reach 7 4 so far.

Ce: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
mihairo wrote:
Actually we have proof that 1 star can reach 7 4 so far.


Can you please direct me to it?

Odp: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
engerek01 wrote:
Can you please show the players for 2 Star reaching 10 for HP





Not mine player but you should be able to find him by ID.

Ce: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
kostrzak16 wrote:
...

Not mine player but you should be able to find him by ID.


Thank you very much. Much appreciated :) And also that's CRAZZYY!!!

Ce: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
I guess when we see all examples in this system is not ready and clear yet.

Re: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
So I was right again.
People thought that 10 7 will be 3*HP.
I hope we will se this player again.
The main idea is that 10 7 is below 10 8 and 9 9. I explained why.

We'll see if there are extreme cases when 2*HP can go to 10 8.
I would consider it, but only if the other skills are at 4-7.

Re: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
Badge image
[ENG]
President
I was worried about the system when it was announced at it seems like it would be simple to pre-filter players and result in a selection of identikit youths for everyone.

It's fairly clear from this that there is a large amount of scope for adding value as a manager by the strategy you use once you have the results of the report. It allows for a genuine competitive advantage for those who use a better strategy.

It also allows the youth academy to be used in a couple of different ways, to either focus on the long term development of star players, or short term development to win some U18 tournaments but with a longer tail risk of a terminal maxing.

Re: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
So facts

4*HP min 10 9, max 10 10
3*HP min 10 8 or 9 9, max 10 9, maybe 10 10
2*HP min 8 7, max 9 8 or 10 7, maybe 9 9 or 10 8
1*HP worthless

4*LP min 9 9, maybe impossible
3*LP min 8 7, maybe 8 8
2*LP min 6 5 or 7 4, max 8 7, maybe 8 8
1*LP min 4 4, max 7 4 or 6 5, maybe 6 6

Re: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
mihairo wrote:
So facts

4*HP min 10 9, max 10 10
3*HP min 10 8 or 9 9, max 10 9, maybe 10 10
2*HP min 8 7, max 9 8 or 10 7, maybe 9 9 or 10 8
1*HP worthless

4*LP min 9 9, maybe impossible
3*LP min 8 7, maybe 8 8
2*LP min 6 5 or 7 4, max 8 7, maybe 8 8
1*LP min 4 4, max 7 4 or 6 5, maybe 6 6


'maybe' is not a fact... at the very least not yet

Re: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
This is what I understand this tool to be like.

The scout will identify the 2 biggest strengths of a player e.g. Speed and Ball control = 3 stars.

That means he could hit between 15-17 balls between the two skills identified so...
10,7 9,8 8,9 etc...

IF THE PLAYER HITS 10 in Speed and 7 in ball control, that means no other skills will hit further than 7. WHY?

Because the scout would have identified that skill as a bigger strength than Ball Control. So let's say PI hits 8.

That means the scout would have identified Speed and Ball control to be 4 stars because it'd fall under the category of the total skills balls to be 18-20 (4 stars) and not 15-17 (3 stars).

In the same time - if a player has 2 stars in Speed and Ball control which the total skills would be 12-14 between them.

The player could still hit a combination of these

10,4 9,5 8,6 7,7 6,8 5,9 4,10 (14 balls)
9,4 8,5 7,6 6,7 5,8 4,9 (13 balls)
8,4 7,5 6,6 5,7 4,8 (12 balls)

UNLESS!

The anyone has a 2 star player that has got more than a total of 14 balls between the two strengths the scout identified - which means all of this is wrong LOOOOOOOOOOL

But yeah

Re: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
mayunga wrote:
This is what I understand this tool to be like.

The scout will identify the 2 biggest strengths of a player e.g. Speed and Ball control = 3 stars.

That means he could hit between 15-17 balls between the two skills identified so...
10,7 9,8 8,9 etc...

IF THE PLAYER HITS 10 in Speed and 7 in ball control, that means no other skills will hit further than 7. WHY?

Because the scout would have identified that skill as a bigger strength than Ball Control. So let's say PI hits 8.

That means the scout would have identified Speed and Ball control to be 4 stars because it'd fall under the category of the total skills balls to be 18-20 (4 stars) and not 15-17 (3 stars).

In the same time - if a player has 2 stars in Speed and Ball control which the total skills would be 12-14 between them.

The player could still hit a combination of these

10,4 9,5 8,6 7,7 6,8 5,9 4,10 (14 balls)
9,4 8,5 7,6 6,7 5,8 4,9 (13 balls)
8,4 7,5 6,6 5,7 4,8 (12 balls)

UNLESS!

The anyone has a 2 star player that has got more than a total of 14 balls between the two strengths the scout identified - which means all of this is wrong LOOOOOOOOOOL

But yeah


Sorry, I meant *would have identified Speed and PI as 4 stars*

Ant: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
aldebaran wrote:
if the text report "generation" is anything similar, like the coach negotiation text or even the match report text...then I don't think we should pay any attention to them (waiting for an LA to drop a hint on this one :P )


A bit weird that this hasn't been answered yet. Personally, I wouldn't pay too much attention to what the scouts says. These are automated messages for every type of player. 4+2, 4+1, 3+2, 3+1, 2+1 (HiPo+LoPo).


This brings me to another question: has anyone seen a player with 4**** HiPo and 3*** LoPo? Or a player with only 1* HiPo?

Re: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
cosminacho wrote:
'maybe' is not a fact... at the very least not yet


So what do you want?
You've got something better to say?

Re: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
mayunga wrote:
This is what I understand this tool to be like.

The scout will identify the 2 biggest strengths of a player e.g. Speed and Ball control = 3 stars.

That means he could hit between 15-17 balls between the two skills identified so...
10,7 9,8 8,9 etc...

IF THE PLAYER HITS 10 in Speed and 7 in ball control, that means no other skills will hit further than 7. WHY?

Because the scout would have identified that skill as a bigger strength than Ball Control. So let's say PI hits 8.

That means the scout would have identified Speed and Ball control to be 4 stars because it'd fall under the category of the total skills balls to be 18-20 (4 stars) and not 15-17 (3 stars).

In the same time - if a player has 2 stars in Speed and Ball control which the total skills would be 12-14 between them.

The player could still hit a combination of these

10,4 9,5 8,6 7,7 6,8 5,9 4,10 (14 balls)
9,4 8,5 7,6 6,7 5,8 4,9 (13 balls)
8,4 7,5 6,6 5,7 4,8 (12 balls)

UNLESS!

The anyone has a 2 star player that has got more than a total of 14 balls between the two strengths the scout identified - which means all of this is wrong LOOOOOOOOOOL

But yeah


I hace this player that do not fit on your formula (I think)
Elpidio Cordarrel

Age: 25



He has strike and passing with 2*
He has already 8 on strike so passing and every thing else should be 6 or less (to be 14 total)
Header is 7 and stamina 6 unmaxed.

Re: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
mihairo wrote:
So what do you want?
You've got something better to say?


Off topic: This guy mihairo is so arrogant. I wish we had a mute button here in the forum

Re: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
siberiano85 wrote:
I hace this player that do not fit on your formula (I think)
Elpidio Cordarrel

Age: 25



He has strike and passing with 2*
He has already 8 on strike so passing and every thing else should be 6 or less (to be 14 total)
Header is 7 and stamina 6 unmaxed.


So that means his passing will hit a maximum of 6 as his shooting is already 8 which would total 14 balls (12-14 = 2 stars)

Re: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
mayunga wrote:
So that means his passing will hit a maximum of 6 as his shooting is already 8 which would total 14 balls (12-14 = 2 stars)


oh and yeah I just realised Header is 7 and stamina is 6 unmaxed..

Maybe it means the scout will only identify 2 OF the strengths and not just the 2 biggest strengths?

Re: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
mayunga wrote:
oh and yeah I just realised Header is 7 and stamina is 6 unmaxed..

Maybe it means the scout will only identify 2 OF the strengths and not just the 2 biggest strengths?


Or maybe the range is bigger. I dont know for ex 12-16 2* 17-18 3* 19-20 4*

Re: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
siberiano85 wrote:
Or maybe the range is bigger. I dont know for ex 12-16 2* 17-18 3* 19-20 4*


That would make sense because then high number 2 players could end up with 8,8 in many different attributes which would and could possibly mean he becomes a national player

(for a lower level national team maybe not Brazil Argentina Sweden China Turkey) and them power houses loool

Re: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
joseluiz_go wrote:
Off topic: This guy mihairo is so arrogant. I wish we had a mute button here in the forum


No worries, mate.
My bad for helping a lot of people.
I'm sure you've all got figured it out, like me (aka irony).
I just pressed the ignore button to the entire topic.
Take care now.

Re: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
Ok so, to simplify...

What is the most important takeaway(s) from the new youth tool?

Απ: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
Has anyone seen youth players with 3 stars at low potential?

I have spoken to many managers and nobody has seen more than 2 stars at low potential.

Re: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
andykorp wrote:
Has anyone seen youth players with 3 stars at low potential?

I have spoken to many managers and nobody has seen more than 2 stars at low potential.


I haven't seen a 3-star low potential, I hope I find one (if it's possible)

Ce: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
andykorp wrote:
Has anyone seen youth players with 3 stars at low potential?

I have spoken to many managers and nobody has seen more than 2 stars at low potential.


Lowest 3 star would mean in theory EVERY skill of the player is above 8 and the lowest 4 average is 8.5. Atleast, that's my view on the subject since I believe the stars take average of 4 skills, not 2.

Ang: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
Badge image
[URBAN]
President
Big thanks MZ for giving me a Tool, that allows me to see how bad the old talent report was, and an even bigger thanks to MZ for not giving us any kind of help to solve the problem (NOT), thanks MZ.

Troels Sibbesen

Age: 25



3* High
1* Low

I think MZ should give all managers the same number of swaps as one gives to everyone at the start of the season on the playerexchange. As a little compensation.

Jamus

Odp: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
@jamus

"To help you decide, a scout report may be bought which tries to pinpoint the most probable role for the player. It does not indicate his maximum potential in any skill."

Compensation for what?

Ang: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
Badge image
[URBAN]
President
@firefox78

First it`s clear to me you dont get the ironi. :)
Second, i do understand the sysstemm, the player i show is a sample on a player that should be Exchange, and because off the new sysstem i have about 10-12 plater, how on earth should i Exchange them with 3 Places pr. week. Had might workd if the new sysstem as said will be out mid season or next season, but no it coms out 2/3 played at the season, i know for sure i am not the only 1 with this problem.

Hope you understand.

Jamus.

Ce: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
jamus wrote:
@firefox78

First it`s clear to me you dont get the ironi. :)
Second, i do understand the sysstemm, the player i show is a sample on a player that should be Exchange, and because off the new sysstem i have about 10-12 plater, how on earth should i Exchange them with 3 Places pr. week. Had might workd if the new sysstem as said will be out mid season or next season, but no it coms out 2/3 played at the season, i know for sure i am not the only 1 with this problem.

Hope you understand.

Jamus.


+1

Re: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
I said that I wouldn't enter the thread anymore, so it's the last thing I post here.

I see people are displeased with the fact that we have "only" 3 exchanges/week.
But it feels short now because we see 23 training analysis at once.
The fact is that we don't have 23 U18 players/season.
They are 23 players maximum, for 3 seasons. It means we have 8+8+7 youths/season.
So, from now on we will receive 7-8 16 year olds with 3 possible exhanges/week, which is not little, it's more than we need IMO

Jamus explained very well that we will not wait until the age of 18 to get rid of players maxed at stamina 5.

I know there are managers who choose to have 23 16 year olds from the start, so they may argue my point of view, but it would be wrong.
3 exchanges/week in 12 weeks means 36 exchanges/season, which means 108 exchanges for the entire youth period.
Now 108 exchanges for 23 players is not "a few".
This is valuable for all the managers, no matter the strategy, from 8+8+7, 12+11+0 to 23+0+0.

Just a simple IMO.
Take care.
Good luck & have fun!

Odp: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
@jamus

After introducing a new scout system, I would like to replace all my juniors. I have already sent most of my juniors to the OT. However, I do not think that I should be compensated. I knew about the planned change because information was there.Risk is part of this game. Losses are not relatively large, so it's ok. A little work and it should be good. Today, we do not know yet how exactly the scout's system works.Probably, when many players know the scout system, it will make better decisions than today. This is just my opinion, nothing more.

Best regards
firefox78 (Sorry for my english. I hope you understand what I mean)

Ang: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
Badge image
[URBAN]
President
@firefox78

God for you.

Ri: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
If you really want MZ to be a managerial game please stop making changes during the season, it feels like it's runned by amateurs this game.
I have planned the campus of the youths of this season by leaving at last the youths that would have had a perfect youth campus, and at the beginning I've preferred to send to the campus the youths that should have needed a more specific one.
In insight with all these changes I would have organized everything in a different way, and I know I'm not the one.
Every managerial change during the season is crap even if it's going to be the best change ever for the game.

Re: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
frony wrote:
If you really want MZ to be a managerial game please stop making changes during the season, it feels like it's runned by amateurs this game.
I have planned the campus of the youths of this season by leaving at last the youths that would have had a perfect youth campus, and at the beginning I've preferred to send to the campus the youths that should have needed a more specific one.
In insight with all these changes I would have organized everything in a different way, and I know I'm not the one.
Every managerial change during the season is crap even if it's going to be the best change ever for the game.


I mean, I see what you mean - but everyone's in that situation so you could say, it's fair?

Re: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
frony wrote:
If you really want MZ to be a managerial game please stop making changes during the season, it feels like it's runned by amateurs this game.
I have planned the campus of the youths of this season by leaving at last the youths that would have had a perfect youth campus, and at the beginning I've preferred to send to the campus the youths that should have needed a more specific one.
In insight with all these changes I would have organized everything in a different way, and I know I'm not the one.
Every managerial change during the season is crap even if it's going to be the best change ever for the game.


+1

Ce: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
1. I am against all kinds of "major exchange" offers this season because I do not think people still understood the concept of the new system. Also, it is not fair to those who doesn't need it.

2. It was announced in the NEWS at the beginning of the season that this new feature would be implemented during the season. You should plan accordingly. It's not MZ's fault that people don't read the NEWS or plan accordingly. Implementing what you said you would is not being amateurs. It is the exact opposite.

Everyone wants the easy way, but what they don't see is when everything is easy, nothing is easy. (Ask Barney from How I Met Your Mother if you don't believe me ;) )

Ce: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
engerek01 wrote:
1. I am against all kinds of "major exchange" offers this season because I do not think people still understood the concept of the new system. Also, it is not fair to those who doesn't need it.

2. It was announced in the NEWS at the beginning of the season that this new feature would be implemented during the season. You should plan accordingly. It's not MZ's fault that people don't read the NEWS or plan accordingly. Implementing what you said you would is not being amateurs. It is the exact opposite.

Everyone wants the easy way, but what they don't see is when everything is easy, nothing is easy. (Ask Barney from How I Met Your Mother if you don't believe me ;) )


We don't need to easy way, we just want to right way 🙂

Re: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
zargan123 wrote:
We don't need to easy way, we just want to right way 🙂


What is the right way to you might be wrong to others.

All I'm saying is - this feature is not bad. We don't even know how effective it is yet so let's all give it a try

Re: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
how come you got 3 youth exchanges/week? i have only 2?

Sv: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
Badge image
[TDF]
President
frozen_boys wrote:
how come you got 3 youth exchanges/week? i have only 2?


Complete the youth tour in the start of the season.

Re: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
Maybe someone is interested...
I have a 6 maxed on other than the 2 stars skills.
So it's possible to have 6-6-6 LP for 2 stars.
It means it's very possible to have all the other skills at +8. Because 6-6-6-7, or worse, 5-6-6-7, doesn't feel like 2 stars LP.
Maybe if you're interested...

Ant: Youth Potential Tool

Badge image
Thanks mihairo for sharing, much appreciated! Also thanks for the rest of your useful contributions! I already took into account that a 6 maxing besides the LP skills was possible, but good to know it's official ;)

Unfortunately, my youth is max 17 years old, but I'll keep looking out for yet undiscovered outliers!
Previous
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >|
Next