Incorrect username or password

 
24-02-2021 21:07
|
Season 77 · Week 8 · Day 51
|
Online: 3 916

Football

Football » English » Suggestions/Improvements

young dead end players

Badge image
I have just known, at the second day of sending a player to a Training Camp, that this player has achieved his maximum Speed development: 6 balls.
This wouldn't have been a big issue since it is something that all managers know in advance that could happen. However, what makes this case different is that this young player (19 y.o.) has 9.x balls in Shooting, so he has all the possibilities for getting the elusive maximum of 10 balls in Shooting. But now I know that while it would be a player with 10 balls in Shooting and it will have just 6 balls in Speed.

So my question is, why MZ offer youth players that could achieve the maximum number of balls in one of the principal abilities, while on the other hand that same player will fail in getting the necessary balls to become at least an average player (for example 7 balls in speed)?
I think this is a sort of bad joke.

I think situations like this must be revised, if MZ is interested in keeping managers to go on participating in the game. I am an old manager so I can cope with an unexpected situation that I don't like, but I am not sure of the reaction of a beginner manager to a situation that at one time makes big promises but suddenly turns into a big disappointment.

It is Ok to play with the game (since all managers like challenges), but a different thing is playing with the persons (putting game limits into a dead end), because that could kill the game.
Views: 315 Posts: 9
 
Page 1
 
Reply
Last Message

Re: young dead end players

Badge image
6 is a decent limit to a dead end. Lower end divisions need players with 9 shooting and 6 speed. The sad part is that with the transfer changes, you won't get a lot of money for him.

Next time, max them in speed, stamina, before their main skill. That's how the pro do it.

Sad.

Odg: young dead end players

Badge image
Yeah, that's much better - first max out speed and stamina and then find out that main skill maxes at 7.

Re: young dead end players

Badge image
hendryx wrote:
......But now I know that while it would be a player with 10 balls in Shooting and it will have just 6 balls in Speed.

So my question is, why MZ offer youth players that could achieve the maximum number of balls in one of the principal abilities, while on the other hand that same player will fail in getting the necessary balls to become at least an average player (for example 7 balls in speed)?


The world needs it's Teddy Sheringham's, Francesco Totti's, Dimitar Berbatov's and Mario Gomez's.

They can't all be lightning in a bottle, but that doesn't mean they can't be effective.

Re: young dead end players

Badge image
gurdash wrote:
Yeah, that's much better - first max out speed and stamina and then find out that main skill maxes at 7.


for speed I go to 8, if they are still unmaxed I move them on to stamina. But 10 out of 11 (sometimes more, if you're lucky less) fail the speed test, so they train either tackling or shooting allowing for good results in youth comps.

Re: young dead end players

Badge image
It reminds me of a saying, "they can't all be zingers"

Re: young dead end players

Badge image
scruttino wrote:
It reminds me of a saying, "they can't all be zingers"


Yeah! "some have to be twinkies"

Re: young dead end players

Badge image
aemi wrote:
6 is a decent limit to a dead end. Lower end divisions need players with 9 shooting and 6 speed. The sad part is that with the transfer changes, you won't get a lot of money for him.

Next time, max them in speed, stamina, before their main skill. That's how the pro do it.

Sad.


Sorry to say, but that's not the point.

Re: young dead end players

Badge image
Minimal balls required in certain skills for a decent player is nothing but a myth.

Look at these two teams I just found.

http://www.managerzone.com/?p=players&sub=alt&tid=405955
http://www.managerzone.com/?p=players&tid=324406

The players from both teams have low speed, yet they compete in the highest level. I wish I knew this earlier.

Re: young dead end players

Badge image
Badge image
[MCFC]
President
bestplaymaker2134 wrote:
Minimal balls required in certain skills for a decent player is nothing but a myth.

Look at these two teams I just found.

http://www.managerzone.com/?p=players&sub=alt&tid=405955
http://www.managerzone.com/?p=players&tid=324406

The players from both teams have low speed, yet they compete in the highest level. I wish I knew this earlier.


The players have low speed because most of them already experience deterioration and some also have 10 balls in certain skills which makes them a valuable asset for the team. But, I do get your point here, I will still definitely use these players for my team even though they have low speed as long as their other skills are still impressive like the one you gave above.
 
Page 1